Viet Nam, Japan sign 11 cooperative agreements
VGP – Prime Minister Pham Minh Chinh and his Japanese counterpart Kishida Fumio on November 24 witnessed the signing ceremony of 11 cooperative agreements between ministries, agencies and enterprises of the two countries.
Prime Minister Pham Minh Chinh and his Japanese counterpart Kishida Fumio witness the signing ceremony of a Memorandum of Understanding between the Vietnamese Ministry of Defense and the Japanese Ministry of Defense - Photo: VGP/Nhat Bac
The agreements are:
- Agreement on mutual legal assistance in criminal matters between Viet Nam and Japan
- Exchange of Notes for the fourth Japanese Official Development Assistance (ODA) loan for Ho Chi Minh City water environment improvement project in Tau Hu–Ben Nghe–Doi-Te canal basin
- Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on military medicine and cyber security cooperation between the Vietnamese Ministry of Defense and the Japanese Ministry of Defense.
- Exchange of Notes for non-project for “specialized transport equipment serving for maritime search and rescue activities”.
- Joint plan on climate change adaption towards the goal of carbon neutrality by 2050 between the Vietnamese Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment (MONRE) and the Japanese Ministry of Environment
- MoU between the MONRE and Japan’s Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism in fields of land, water resources, meteorology and geographic information
- MoU between the Vietnamese Ministry of Defense and Japanese Ministry of Defense on cyber security cooperation
- MoU on cooperation between the Department of Science, Technology and Training, under Viet Nam’s Ministry of Health and Shionogi Inc., a global pharmaceutical company
- MoU on cooperation between Viet Nam’s Commission for the Management of State Capital at Enterprises and the Japan Bank for International Cooperation (JBIC)
- MoU on strengthening trade and industry cooperation between the Vietnamese Ministry of Industry and Trade and Wakayama Prefecture’s authorities
- MoU on cooperation between the Viet Nam Labor Export Association and Japan’s Association for Overseas Technical Cooperation and Sustainable Partnerships
By Thuy Dung