Gov't approves Khanh Hoa provincial master planning
VGP - The central coastal province of Khanh Hoa strives to be ranked among 15 localities with the highest GDP per capita in Viet Nam during the 2021-2030 period.
Deputy Prime Minister Tran Hong Ha has signed a decision on approving the Khanh Hoa provincial master planning in the 2021-2030 period, with a vision to 2050.
By the end of this decade, the province targets to become a centrally-run city to match with its strategic location, a regional connectivity center and a main gateway to the East Sea for the Central Highlands and the Central Coast region.
Its average GRDP is expected to grow 8.3 percent per year while the GRDP per capita is projected to reach VND189 million (US$8,000).
The central locality plans to raise the urbanization rate to 70 percent, digital economy share of its GRDP to 30 percent, and trained labor rate to 90 percent by 2030.
The locality will develop such high-quality service sectors as tourism, finance, trade, logistics, education and urban development, manufacturing and processing, energy, information technology, telecommunication, and supporting industries.
In the 2021-2030 period, Khanh Hoa will focus on developing the following industries:
(1) High-quality agro-forestry-fishery and food processing
(2) High-tech mechanical engineering industry (mainly shipbuilding)
(3) Clean energy industry, renewable energy, oil and gas processing
(4) Electronics, telecommunications, and semiconductor industries
(5) Auxiliary industries for mechanical engineering, electronics, telecommunications, semiconductors, textiles, and footwear
(6) Biotechnology industry, vaccine production, marine medicinal herbs
(7) Production of new building materials./.