Travel advice for Vietnamese amid COVID-19 pandemic
VGP – The Ministry of Foreign Affairs’ Consular Department has issued travel advice for Vietnamese amid swift developments of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
1. For citizens in Viet Nam: Comply with competent authorities’ recommendations of not travelling abroad, especially pandemic-hit areas.
2. For those who are abroad:
(i) Not travel to pandemic-hit areas
(ii) Restrain from traveling to public places when not really necessary;
(iii) Strictly follow recommendations, instructions and fully abide by the regulations on the pandemic prevention and control of the host countries;
(iv) Stay calm, regularly update information through mainstream media, and not spread unchecked information
3. For overseas Vietnamese returning home: Fill in medical declaration form in an accurate and honest manner at port of entry
4. For those who return home from/transiting through pandemic-hit areas:
(i) Fill in medical declaration form with accurate and honest information at port of entry
(ii) Strictly abide by quarantine regulations
5. All acts of concealing information, or providing untrue information, or failing to adhere to quarantine regulations shall be strictly fined in accordance with law.
6. Vietnamese abroad should promptly inform the competent authorities of the host countries, Vietnamese representative agencies, and their relatives in emergency situations.
Citizens abroad can contact the citizen protection hotlines on official websites of Vietnamese representative agencies in the host countries or the Consular Department’s Switchboard: 84.9184.108.40.206.
7. Vietnamese can also contact:
Health sector’s hotline: 84 1900 9095
COVID-19 prevention hotline: 84 1900 3228.