The Government’s regular meeting - January 2021
SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIET NAM
Ha Noi, February 10, 2021
THE GOVERNMENT’S REGULAR MEETING – JANUARY 2021
Pursuant to the Law on Organization of the Government dated June 19, 2015; the Law amending and supplementing a number of articles of the Law on Organization of the Government and the Law on Organization of Local Governments dated November 22, 2019;
Pursuant to the Government’s Decree No. 138/2016/ND-CP dated October 01, 2016 promulgating the working regulation of the Government;
Based on the discussion of the delegates and the conclusion of the Prime Minister at the Government’s regular meeting in January 2021, held on February 02, 2021,
1. Regarding the socio-economic conditions in January 2021; the situation and urgent solutions to prevent and control the Covid-19 pandemic; the preparation for the Lunar New Year (year of the Ox) 2021; scenarios and solutions to promote economic growth in the first 6 months of 2021.
The 13th National Congress of the Party was successful organized, creating new motivation, new spirit, pride and profound trust in the strength, audacity and will of the entire Party, the people, and people’s armed forces, as well as the innovation cause and the bright future of the country. In the context of the complicated Covid-19 development all over the world, the socio-economic conditions in the first month of 2021 still witnessed many positive signs. Macro-economic conditions continued to be stable. Inflation was kept under control while consumer demand increased. The money market was relatively stable. Interest rates continued to decrease, contributing to supporting businesses to access capital for production and business restore and development. State budget revenues of most of localities ascertained the implementation progress of estimates assigned by the National Assembly. Trade volume rose to US$54.1 billion, up 45.7% over the same period in 2020, in which trade surplus was US$1.3 billion. Public investment capital disbursement achieved outstanding results. Disbursement in 2020 reached VND 452.4 trillion, equaling 96.13% of the preset plan, the highest rate in recent years. Disbursement in January was equivalent to 3.25% of the plan for 2021. 89% of ministries, agencies and provinces completed the assignment of detailed planned capital for 2021. The industrial production index of the industrial sector increased by 22.2%, of which index of the processing and manufacturing industry was 27.2%. Agricultural production remained stable, adequately meeting the food demand for domestic consumption and for export. Plentiful and diverse commodity sources were prepared to serve the consumption demand of the people during the Lunar New Year. Total retail sales of consumer goods and services was 3.7% higher than that of the previous month and 6.4% than the same period last year. Business registration witnessed many positive changes. In the month, there were over 10,000 newly established enterprises, an increase of 21.9%. And the number of new employment registration increased 37.2% over the same period in 2020. The number of enterprises returning to operation reached the highest level in recent months, reflecting the confidence of enterprises and investors in the country's economic prospects. Many innovative programs and activities were strongly promoted to foster the application of science and technology, and digital transformation at enterprises. Communication and information about the Party Congress and Covid-19 response were strengthened. Policies on social security, social welfare, preparation, and care of Tet for the people received due attention, especially for people with meritorious services to the revolution, the poor, ethnic minorities, people in remote areas, areas affected by natural disasters, storms and floods, and quarantine areas isolated by the pandemic. National defense, political security, social order, and safety were maintained. Foreign affairs and international integration continued to be a focus.
In response to the resurgence of new Covid-19 infections in the community in some localities, with the spirit of rapid action, "fighting the pandemic like fighting an anti-enemy", many agencies, units, and functional forces and localities, especially the areas where the pandemic started to appear, urgently and responsibly took action to implement drastic, synchronous, and effective pandemic prevention and control measures with a determination to quickly prevent the disease spread, considering this as the most important political task of all levels, branches and the whole political system.
The Government acknowledged, praised, and highly appreciated the National Steering Committee for Covid-19 Prevention and Control, ministries, branches, and localities, especially the medical team, doctors, health workers, public security, the military, volunteers and localities of Hai Duong, Quang Ninh, Ha Noi, Hai Phong, Bac Ninh, Gia Lai for having actively and drastically activated many strong measures, promptly implementing the Directive No. 05/CT-TTg dated January 28, 2021 of the Prime Minister and Notice No. 22/TB-VPCP dated January 30, 2021 of the Government Office on the conclusions of the Prime Minister at the Government’s regular meeting on Covid-19 prevention and control, which resulting in important initial results. Up to now, although complicated development continued, the situation was still under control.
It was forecasted that in the coming time, the pandemic would continue evolution due to the rapid and strong spread of new SARS-CoV-2 variants in many countries, which shall affect our economy both in the short and long terms. In that context, in order to continue implementing the "dual goal", the Government requested ministries, branches and localities to continue to raise their caution, absolutely not to be neglected and subjective in epidemic prevention and control, constantly innovate development thinking, ways of doing, innovate the implementation of guidelines, policies, solutions, determined to support the country to overcome challenges, steadily step up and realize the goals set out by the 13th National Party Congress as soon as possible. Attention must be paid to implementing the following key contents:
a) Regarding Covid-19 prevention and control:
- Ministries, agencies and localities shall closely monitor the situation, actively develop scenarios, situations, prepare all appropriate options and measures, be ready to take promptly, effectively and securely responses, quickly detect, take more drastic action to thoroughly stamp out the pandemic in the shortest time, and resolutely not to let the pandemic re-emerge and spread; continue to strictly implement the instructions of the Prime Minister in Directive No. 05/CT-TTg dated January 28, 2021 of the Prime Minister and Notification No. 22/TB-VPCP dated January 30, 2021 of the Government Office on urgent measures on Covid-19 prevention and control; and take prevention measures under the direction of the National Steering Committee for Covid-19 Prevention and Control as well as the guidance of the Ministry of Health.
- Provinces shall continue to strengthen the leadership and direction of the party committees, local authorities, local and unit heads taking responsibility for pandemic prevention and control in their respective localities, in which priorities shall be given to the implementation of the four on-the-spot motto, proactively cope with different stages of the pandemic; scrutinize cases returning from epidemic areas; expand testing for early detection of infection cases to quickly confine and stamp out epidemic and prevent disease spread on a large scale; mandate mask-wearing in public spaces; and avoid gatherings.
- Ministries of National Defense, Public Security, Health, Education and Training, Labor - Invalids and Social Affairs, Industry and Trade, and People's Committees of provinces and centrally-run cities, according to their functions and duties, were assigned to coordinate closely with the local forces in strictly implementing medical isolation and quarantine, strengthen quick sampling and testing capacities; control road, waterway and sea border routes, and strictly manage entry and exit activities to prevent illegal entry; organize the quarantine of foreign diplomats and foreign experts in accordance with regulations; strengthen professional support and treatment capacity in localities and health facilities; pay attention to Covid-19 prevention in hospitals, schools, industrial parks, factories, manufacturing facilities, accommodation establishments, offices, commercial centers, supermarkets, and wet markets, etc.; ensure social security, sufficient supply of goods, food, medical products; facilitate the flow of goods (including in and out of epidemic zones) in association with meeting the requirements of pandemic prevention and control; temporarily halt unnecessary festivals or crowded events; strictly implement the mandatory health declaration for people from infected areas and promote universal health reporting.
- The Ministry of Health shall urgently implement the Prime Minister's direction on a plan to buy foreign Covid-19 vaccines in accordance with Viet Nam's conditions so that people could quickly access vaccines in the quarter I of 2021; continue to accelerate research, development and testing of domestic Covid-19 vaccines, giving priority to use of domestic vaccines if their conditions on quality, standards and price could be met.
- Ministries of Information and Communications, Health, news agencies, newspapers, and provincial People's Committees shall continue to strengthen communication of timely and accurate information and propaganda of pandemic situation to the people to raise their alert and not to create confusion nor anxiety; recommend people to strictly abide by the 5K (in Vietnamese) message of the Ministry of Health; strictly punish violations, especially those for not wearing masks in public spaces; deploy and install Covid-19 prevention and control apps for proactive prevention and self-care; and notify authorities of illegal entries, suspected cases of Covid-19 inspection or departures from infected areas.
b) Regarding socio-economic development tasks:
- Each ministry, agency and locality shall urgently grasp and implement the Resolution of the 13th National Party Congress; drastically direct and promptly implement the action plan to synchronously and effectively fulfill the tasks and solutions set out in the Government's Resolution No. 01/NQ-CP dated January 1, 2021 on the main tasks and solutions to deploy the socio-economic development plan and budget estimates for 2021; ascertain to implement the "dual goal", striving to achieve and exceed the goals and targets of the socio-economic development plan in 2021, to create a premise for the completion of socio-economic development targets and targets for 5 years (2021-2025) and 10 years (2021-2030).
- Ministries, agencies and localities shall focus on implementing solutions to bolster economic growth, including promoting three economies in the current context, namely: the domestic economy with a market of nearly 100 million people, the international economy with the full exploitation of the potentials and advantages of signed free trade agreements (FTAs), and digital economy promoting innovations, application of science and technology, and digital transformation at enterprises, striving to make Viet Nam one of the centers of production and application of high technologies in the region and the world to strongly attract investment. They were requested to continue to improve and enhance the institutional quality, stronger and more substantial reforms of administrative procedures to create an open and favorable business and investment environment, take advantage of opportunities to attract investment capital flows, especially from large technology corporations; promote start-ups and innovation. Attention must be paid to facilitating, supporting, and developing enterprises, especially small and medium enterprises, private enterprises, and state economic groups facing difficulties. It was requested to focus on completing and implementing major projects on the sharing economy, night-time economy, international financial centers in big cities; attach importance to implementing the Government's resolutions on solutions and tasks to promote disbursement of public investment capital, including ODA capital; as well as regularly review and evaluate the implementation situation.
- The State Bank of Viet Nam was requested to provide direction to meticulously organize the supply and meet the cash demand of the economy; and at the same time actively implement non-cash payments; strengthen inspection, examination, and supervision of credit institutions' operation, ensuring liquidity and system safety; provide electronic payment services and bank card payments stably, safely, and effectively, to meet the payment demand during Tet holiday.
- The Ministry of Finance and the State Bank of Viet Nam shall actively review solutions to administer fiscal and monetary policies, based on macroeconomic developments, inflation, and epidemic impacts to export, the implementation of policies to reduce, extend tax payment time limits, restructure debts, exempt or reduce interest rates, and support enterprises and customers affected by Covid-19.
- The Ministry of Planning and Investment shall assume the prime responsibility for, and coordinate with the Ministry of Finance, the Ministry of Industry and Trade, the Ministry of Labor, Invalids and Social Affairs, the State Bank of Viet Nam, and relevant agencies to study and propose major policies to continue to support residents and businesses facing difficulties due to the Covid-19. The Ministry of Planning and Investment together with relevant ministries and branches shall study and update new economic trends, models, and policies and strategies of countries having significant impacts on our country; urgently complete the Project to improve internal capacity and autonomy of the economy and report to the Government. The Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism was assigned to review and report to the Government on a reduction in the deposit amount of travel businesses.
- The Ministry of Planning and Investment shall assume the prime responsibility for, and coordinate with the Ministry of Finance in reviewing, synthesizing, and reporting to the Prime Minister for consideration and decision-making on extending the implementation and disbursement period of the budget capital investment plan in 2019 to December 31, 2021 based on proposals of ministries, central agencies, and localities in line with current regulations.
- A Special Working Group was established, headed by Deputy Prime Minister Trinh Dinh Dung, comprising of leaders of Ministries of Planning and Investment, Finance, Justice, and a number of related agencies. The Ministry of Planning and Investment was assigned to act as the standing agency in charge of reviewing and removing difficulties for investment, production and business projects that had encountered problems for a long time at ministries, branches, and localities.
- The Ministry of Industry and Trade shall direct the implementation of effective measures to develop the market and stimulate consumption demand, as well as e-commerce development. The Ministry was requested to assume the prime responsibility for and coordinate with the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development to ensure sufficient food supply and services for the people during the Lunar New Year, focusing on supporting enterprises to boost export, connectivity, market and partnership expansion via digital platforms, big e-commerce platforms and foreign distribution networks. It was assigned to actively harmonize trade relations with major countries and partners, support businesses to exploit and take advantage of incentives and opportunities from FTAs, strengthen trade remedies for imported goods, support businesses to respond to trade remedy lawsuits against Vietnamese exports. The Ministry of Industry and Trade shall continue to strongly promote industries, support enterprises to develop distribution channels for Vietnamese products and goods, and effectively implement the campaign "Vietnamese people prioritize using Vietnamese goods".
- The Ministry of Transport shall continue to accelerate investment in construction of important traffic projects and works, especially the two component projects of the Eastern North-South expressway, which had been converted into public investment approved by the Standing Committee of the National Assembly in Resolution No. 1213/NQ-UBTVQH14 dated February 4, 2021 for project commencing in June 2021, as well as the remaining component projects. It requested to urgently put the Cat Linh - Ha Dong urban railway route into operation while ensuring its safety and efficiency. The Ministry of Transport was assigned to collaborate with the Ministry of Finance to chair and coordinate with relevant agencies, associations, and enterprises to work out plans to cope with the shortage of containers to prevent export disruptions.
- The Ministry of Labor, Invalids and Social Affairs shall coordinate with localities in monitoring and grasping the labor situation before, during and after the Lunar New Year, especially in industrial parks and export processing zones; promptly adopt a support plan to overcome labor shortage after Tet holiday, not to interrupt production and business activities; continue to monitor and assess the Covid-19 impact on workers and update the foreign labor situation and demand.
- The Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development shall promote the development of agricultural production, ensure food security in all situations, and strengthen the role of agriculture as the "pillar" of the economy, especially in difficult times, considering the sector as one of the important growth engines of the economy. The Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development was requested to coordinate with the Ministry of Industry and Trade to strongly implement measures to promote export of agriculture, forestry and fishery products, closely monitor weather conditions, water level, saltwater intrusion, and drought to formulate positive plans to proactively prevent and combat droughts, serving production, especially in the Mekong River Delta and the Central Highlands, strengthen measures to prevent plant and animal diseases, protect and develop forests, formulate and effectively implement initiatives to plant new one billion trees, and organize Tet tree-planting in localities right after the Lunar New Year.
- The Ministry of Planning and Investment, ministries, branches, and localities shall urgently promote the completion and approval of national, regional, provincial urban and rural planning plans for the 2021 - 2030 period, ensure a close connection between the sector development planning and the master plan. In particular, the formulation of planning for development of electrical diagram VIII must ensure its transparency, publicity, and strictness.
- The Ministry of Planning and Investment shall assume the prime responsibility for, and coordinate with concerned ministries and agencies in urgently formulating the Government's Action Program to implement the Resolution of the 13th National Party Congress; completing the draft report to the National Assembly for approval of the 5-year socio-economic development plan 2021-2025; elaborating and completing a Report on additional assessment of the implementation of the 2020 socio-economic development plan, ensuring its quality and progress for submission to the Government.
- The Ministry of Finance shall assume the prime responsibility for and coordinate with concerned ministries and agencies in formulating and completing a Report on additional assessment of the implementation of the state budget estimates in 2020, ensuring its quality and progress for submission to the Government.
- The Ministry of Home Affairs, ministries, agencies, and localities shall urgently implement the tasks as assigned in Directive No. 02/CT-TTg dated January 14, 2021 of the Prime Minister on organizing the election of deputies to the 15th National Assembly and People's Councils at all levels for the term 2021-2026, to strengthen coordination with the Fatherland Front at all levels in the election to make it truly a festival of the people. The Ministry of Home Affairs shall report to competent authorities for review and decision-making on the structure and composition of deputies to the 15th National Assembly of the Government and agencies under the Government.
- The Ministry of Information and Communications, media and press agencies shall reinforce information and communication about the country's achievements, activities to celebrate the Party, spring festival, cultural, sports activities and festivals during Tet holiday in accordance with the Covid-19 situation; and take the initiative to prevent and reject false and hostile arguments.
c) Regarding the preparation for the Lunar New Year (year of the Ox) 2021:
- Ministries, agencies, and localities were requested to maintain epidemic prevention and control activities while ensuring the necessary conditions for the people to celebrate Tet holiday with the spirit of not letting anyone to miss Tet, every family has Tet, especially for policy subjects, the poor, natural disaster areas, remote areas, and areas isolated by the pandemic. It was requested to continue to seriously, fully and promptly implement the tasks assigned in Directive No. 48-CT/TW dated December 9, 2020 of the Secretariat on the organization of the Tet holiday in 2021, Directive No. 44/CT -TTg dated December 21, 2020 of the Prime Minister on strengthening measures to ensure a joyful, healthy, safe and thrifty celebration of the Lunar New Year; Directive No. 45/CT-TTg of the Prime Minister on the organization of "New Year tree planting" movement and strengthening forest protection and development right from the beginning of 2021; Official telegram No. 1711/CD-TTg dated December 7, 2020 of the Prime Minister on ensuring traffic order and safety in the conditions of Covid-19 prevention and control during New Year's Day, Lunar New Year, and Spring festivals in 2021.
- The People's Committees of provinces and centrally-run cities shall direct and coordinate with Federations of Labor in provinces and cities to request units and enterprises in their respective localities to pay salaries and bonuses in a timely and correct manner in accordance with regulations for employees during Tet, prevent late payment of salary and bonus, and strictly handle regulation violations.
- The Ministry of Labor, Invalids and Social Affairs shall actively monitor and follow up with the situation of salary and Tet bonus payment of units and enterprises; direct local labor agencies to coordinate with trade unions to provide solutions to ensure the rights of employees in accordance with the regulations, and proactively formulate solutions to prevent and settle labor disputes that might happen during Tet.
- The Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism and localities shall actively direct and rectify the organization of festivals and entertainment activities in accordance with Covid-19 epidemic prevention and control requirements according to regulations.
- The Ministry of National Defense, the Ministry of Public Security, and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs shall, according to their functions and tasks, firmly grasp the situation, forecast promptly and accurately situations, firmly protect national sovereignty, political security; take initiative in formulating plans to combat against hostile forces, suppress crimes, and ensure social order and safety; step up the implementation of measures to prevent crime, social evils, illegal sale of firecrackers and explosives, ensure traffic order and safety, prevent and fight fire and explosion; and coordinate with the Ministry of Finance and the Ministry of Industry and Trade to direct functional forces to focus on inspecting, controlling, and effectively preventing smuggling, trade frauds, and destroying lines bringing illegal goods into Viet Nam.
During the Tet holiday, ministries, agencies, and localities were required to regularly follow up with the situation, strictly adhere to the daily reporting regime in accordance with the Prime Minister's instructions in Document No. 267/VPCP-TH dated January 12, 2021 and 627/VPCP-TH dated January 27, 2021 of the Government Office to report to the Standing Government on the situation of the Lunar New Year 2021 on February 17, 2021 (i.e. 6th day of Tet); proactively handle arising problems according to its competence or promptly report to competent authorities to handle complicated matters beyond their authority.
- Not to organize Tet visits to supervisors and leaders at all levels; not to use the state budget or public assets for festival or entertainment activities against prescribed regulations. Deploy work right after Tet holiday, avoid work interruptions and delays.
d) Regarding scenarios and solutions to boost economic growth in the first 6 months of 2021:
The Ministry of Planning and Investment was assigned to fully collect comments made at the meeting, complete the scenarios and solutions, and regularly review and evaluate the implementation, in which attention must be paid to: continuing to consistently implement the goals of macroeconomic stability, inflation control, ensuring major balances of the economy while promoting economic growth; continue to proactively allocate resources, deploy appropriate solutions, remove difficulties for production and business, support businesses, people, and laborers severely affected by the Covid-19 pandemic.
2. Regarding price management results in 2020 and orientations for price management in 2021
Ministries, branches, and localities shall focus on effective implementation of solutions and tasks as directed by the Prime Minister in Document No. 655/VPCP-KTTH dated January 27, 2021 of the Government Office.
3. Regarding the Report on implementation results of Resolution No. 139/NQ-CP dated November 9, 2018 on the Action Program on cost-cutting for businesses.
The Government agreed to:
- Approve contents of the Report on implementation results of the Action Program on cost-cutting for businesses under the Government's Resolution No. 139/NQ-CP dated November 9, 2018. The Ministry of Planning and Investment shall be responsible for the contents and data of the Report and report publication according to regulations.
- Agree with the proposal of the Ministry of Planning and Investment not to issue a Resolution replacing Resolution No. 139/NQ-CP dated November 9, 2018 for the following phase, but to integrate objectives and tasks on cost-cutting solutions for businesses in Resolution No. 02/NQ-CP dated January 1, 2021 and for the next phase. The Ministry of Planning and Investment shall be responsible for leading and coordinating with other Ministries and relevant local agencies to organize the implementation.
4. Regarding the Government's proposal on the 2022 Law and Ordinance-making Program and adjustments to the 2021 Law and Ordinance-making Program
The Government unanimously agreed to approve the principles and basic contents of the draft Proposal of the Government on the 2022 Law and Ordinance-making Program and adjustments to the 2021 Law and Ordinance-making Program.
For the Proposal to develop the Law on Gender Transformation, the Proposal to develop the Law on Health Insurance (revised), the Law on Population and the Law on Examination and Treatment (revised): Only consider and include in the Law and Ordinance-making Program when they had been approved by the Government in accordance with the Law on Promulgation of Legal Documents.
The Minister of Justice was assigned to revise and complete the draft Proposal of the Government on the 2022 Law and Ordinance-making Program and adjustments to the 2021 Law and Ordinance-making Program. And the Minister of Justice was authorized by the Prime Minister to act on behalf of the Government to sign the Government's Proposal on the above-mentioned proposals and submit it to the Standing Committee of the National Assembly.
5. Regarding draft Decree amending and supplementing a number of articles of Decree No. 134/2016/ND-CP
The Government agreed with the proposal of the Ministry of Finance (Report No. 08/BC-BTC dated February 1, 2021) on the addition of contents to the Decree amending and supplementing a number of articles of Decree No. 134/2016/ND-CP. The Ministry of Finance was assigned to complete, initialize the draft Decree, and coordinate with the Government Office to submit it to the Prime Minister for consideration and signing for promulgation before February 20, 2021.
6. Regarding the implementation of assigned tasks and promulgation of detailing regulations
- Ministers and Heads of agencies shall direct the drastic and urgent completion and submission of outstanding projects and tasks, especially the projects and tasks assigned in Resolution No. 01/NQ-CP dated January 01, 2021 of the Government and the Resolutions of the Government's regular monthly meetings, which were related to institutional improvement and addressing difficulties and problems in mechanisms and policies.
- For the pending detailing regulations: Ministries and agencies were requested to urgently complete and submit them to the Government for promulgation before February 25, 2021 so as not to cause difficulties and confusion in the implementation of Laws and Resolutions that had taken effect.
- For documents detailing guidelines for the implementation of Laws and Resolutions, which shall come into effect in the coming time: It was required that Ministries and agencies gather resources, actively develop, and ensure to submit document for duly promulgation under the direction of the Prime Minister in the Decision No. 2197/QD-TTg dated December 22, 2020 and Decision No. 126/QD-TTg dated January 26, 2021 of the Prime Minister so as not to give rise to new backlogs.
7. Regarding the implementation of the Government's Resolution No. 17/NQ-CP dated March 17, 2019.
- Ministries, branches, and localities shall focus on building and implementing digital transformation programs and schemes of Ministries and provinces under the Prime Minister's Decision No. 749/QD-TTg dated June 3, 2020 approving the National Digital Transformation Program to 2025, with a vision to 2030; Promote online public service delivery at level 4; Develop a plan to deploy targets on administrative reform and e-Government development in the Government's Resolution No. 01/NQ-CP dated January 1, 2021, connection, provision and sharing of data on socio-economic indicators with the Government Reporting Information System, the Information Center, with direction and administration of the Government and the Prime Minister. Provinces and cities directly under the Central Government shall inspect, verify, and provide data to ensure quality and progress as required in Officials No. 7798/VPCP-KSTT dated September 18, 2020 and No. 10362/VPCP-KSTT dated December 10, 2020 of the Government Office to serve the direction and administration of the Government.
- Ministries, branches and localities shall focus on seriously and effectively implementing the instructions of the Government and the Prime Minister in Decree No. 09/2019/ND-CP on reporting mechanisms, Decree No. 45/2020/ND-CP on the implementation of administrative procedures in the digital environment; Resolution No. 68/NQ-CP promulgating the Program to reduce and simplify regulations related to business activities in the period 2020-2025; Decision No. 28/2018/QD-TTg on sending and receiving electronic documents between agencies in the state administrative system.
- Ministries and agencies, as assigned, shall continue promoting the implementation and completion of national databases, especially the national database on population and the national database on land./.