Social distancing shall be extended by 14 days in 19 southern localities
VGP – Prime Minister Pham Minh Chinh on Saturday signed an official telegram on COVID-19 prevention and control as the pandemic is still evolving complicatedly, particularly in Southern Viet Nam.
The following are highlights of the telegram:
1. Municipal and provincial authorities shall have to ensure drastic and effective enforcement of preventive measures adopted by Government and the National Steering Committee for COVID-19 Prevention and Control.
2. Localities currently placed under social distancing in accordance with the Prime Minister’s Directive No. 16 shall have to seriously and consistently implement the Directive and stricter restrictions could be imposed in line with real situation.
No one is allowed to leave their residential places from July 31 until the social distancing period is over, except for cases specified by the local authorities.
Localities shall have to focus on improving COVID-19 treatment quality, especially critically ill patients in order to minimize deaths from COVID-19.
3. Social distancing rules in accordance with the Directive No. 16 shall continue to be extended by another two weeks, starting from August 2.
A locality shall be allowed to ease restrictions measures gradually if the pandemic is put under control.
4. Cities and provinces shall:
a) Provide support and assistance to Ho Chi Minh City and other localities where the pandemic remains complicated; call on their citizens not to leave Ho Chi Minh City, Binh Duong, Dong Nai, and Long An and other localities undergoing social distancing; immediately provide food to poor people or those without income in order to leave no one in hunger.
b) Ensure fast vaccination to right priority groups
c) Mobilize public and private health workers to join COVID-19 prevention and control work and take care of frontline forces.
d) Develop plans for procurement of medical supplies and equipment, stand ready for worse situations.
5. The Ministry of Public Security shall strictly fine those who disseminate inaccurate information on COVID-19.
6. The Ministry of Health shall take prime responsibility and coordinate with relevant ministries and agencies to accelerate production and supply of drug and vaccines; review and supplement support policies for health workers and other frontline forces./.
By Quang Minh