• An Giang
  • Binh Duong
  • Binh Phuoc
  • Binh Thuan
  • Binh Dinh
  • Bac Lieu
  • Bac Giang
  • Bac Kan
  • Bac Ninh
  • Ben Tre
  • Cao Bang
  • Ca Mau
  • Can Tho
  • Dien Bien
  • Da Nang
  • Da Lat
  • Dak Lak
  • Dak Nong
  • Dong Nai
  • Dong Thap
  • Gia Lai
  • Ha Noi
  • Ho Chi Minh
  • Ha Giang
  • Ha Nam
  • Ha Tinh
  • Hoa Binh
  • Hung Yen
  • Hai Duong
  • Hai Phong
  • Hau Giang
  • Khanh Hoa
  • Kien Giang
  • Kon Tum
  • Lai Chau
  • Long An
  • Lao Cai
  • Lam Dong
  • Lang Son
  • Nam Dinh
  • Nghe An
  • Ninh Binh
  • Ninh Thuan
  • Phu Tho
  • Phu Yen
  • Quang Binh
  • Quang Nam
  • Quang Ngai
  • Quang Ninh
  • Quang Tri
  • Soc Trang
  • Son La
  • Thanh Hoa
  • Thai Binh
  • Thai Nguyen
  • Thua Thien Hue
  • Tien Giang
  • Tra Vinh
  • Tuyen Quang
  • Tay Ninh
  • Vinh Long
  • Vinh Phuc
  • Vung Tau
  • Yen Bai

PM meets Cambodian counterpart Hun Sen in Washington D.C.

VGP - Prime Minister Pham Minh Chinh had a meeting with his Cambodian counterpart Hun Sen in Washington D.C., the U.S., on May 11 ahead of the Special ASEAN-U.S. Summit.

May 12, 2022 12:00 PM GMT+7
PM meets Cambodian counterpart Hun Sen in Washington D.C.  - Ảnh 1.

Prime Minister Pham Minh Chinh (L) meets Cambodian counterpart Hun Sen, Washington D.C., the U.S., May 11, 2022 - Photo: VGP/Nhat Bac

At the meeting, PM Pham spoke highly of Cambodia's role and contributions as the Chairmanship of ASEAN for 2022, including enhancing the implementation of the Five-Point Consensus on Myanmar.

The Cambodian leader expressed thanks to Viet Nam for supporting Cambodia in assuming the Chairmanship of ASEAN for 2022.

The two leaders expressed their delight on the positive developments in the bilateral cooperation, especially the maintenance of meetings and high level delegation exchanges, as well as cooperation mechanisms in all channels.

They noted that the bilateral trade value in the first quarter of 2022 saw a year-on-year increase of 24.9 percent t0 reach US$3.37 billion. 

Both leaders agreed to promote the exchange of high-level delegations during the Viet Nam-Cambodia, Cambodia-Viet Nam Friendship Year 2022 and jointly organize activities to celebrate the 55th founding anniversary of diplomatic ties (June 24, 1967).

The two PMs vowed to continue maintaining trade and investment development; promoting tourism and effectively using the border gate system to facilitate trade and people-to-people exchanges.

The pledged to uphold the achievement of the land border demarcation and marker planting on 84 percent of their shared border line and continue the work on the remaining 16 percent as well as jointly build a border line of peace and friendship between the two countries.

The Vietnamese PM expected that the Cambodian Government will continue creating favorable conditions for the community of Vietnamese-origin Cambodians to strengthen their legal status and stabilize their lives in Cambodia.

PM Hun Sen took the occasion to invite PM Pham to pay an official visit to Cambodia./.