Standing Deputy PM Pham Binh Minh has more tasks
VGP - Standing Deputy Prime Minister Pham Binh Minh has been tasked to monitor and direct the Ministry of Home Affairs, according to a recently-issued decision on adjustment of task assignments of the Prime Minister and Deputy Prime Ministers.
Accordingly, Politburo member, Deputy Prime Minister Pham Binh Minh is assigned:
a) To act as Standing Deputy Prime Minister
b) To assist the Prime Minister in monitoring and directing the following fields:
- Institution building, law-governed socialist state building, judicial reform
- External affairs (including Party's external affairs, State's and people-to-people diplomacy)
- Official development assistance (ODA) and concessional loan mobilization; foreign non-governmental aid; foreign non-governmental organizations
- International integration, monitoring and directing the negotiation and implementation of multilateral and bilateral international commitments, ASEAN single window mechanism, national single window and trade facilitation, settlement of international disputes and complaints
- Foreign direct investment, outbound investment
- Relations between Viet Nam and international and regional organizations; border work; the East Sea and island issues
- Overseas Vietnamese affairs and issues related to foreigners in Viet Nam; human rights affairs.
- Ethnic and religious affairs; poverty reduction, emulation and commendation
- Assurance of traffic order and safety
- Crime prevention; smuggling and trade fraud prevention and combat.
- Special amnesty
- Coordination between the Government and the Supreme People's Court and the Supreme Procuracy
c) To assist the Prime Minister in monitoring and directing the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the Ministry of Justice, the Committee for Ethnic Minority Affairs, the Government Office and the Viet Nam Bank for Social Policies
d) To act as Head of the National Steering Committee for International Integration; Chairman of the Viet Nam-China Steering Committee for Bilateral Cooperation; in charge of the Viet Nam-Laos Inter-governmental Committee; Head of the State Steering Committee for Land Border Demarcation and Border Marker Planting; Head of the State Steering Committee for Human Rights; Head of the Central Steering Committee for National Target Program on New-countryside Building; Head of the Central Steering Committee for Sustainable Poverty Reduction; Head of the Steering Committee for the national target program on socio-economic development in ethnic minority-inhabited and mountainous areas; Head of the National Steering Committee for Crime Prevention and Combat; Chairman of the National Steering Committee for ASEAN Single Window, National Single Window and Trade Facilitation; Chairman of the National Steering Committee for Traffic Safety; Chairman of the National Civil Aviation Security Committee; chairman of other national councils, committees, and head of other steering committees in relevant fields
dd) To direct affairs of the Government on behalf of the Prime Minister in the absence of the Prime Minister and as authorized by the Prime Minister
e) To perform other tasks assigned or authorized by the Prime Minister./.