One more COVID-19 infection confirmed, total rises to 45
VGP – The Ministry of Health has confirmed a 25-year old man in Ho Chi Minh City contracted COVID-19 due to close contact with the previously announced patient of Binh Thuan Province.
This is the 45th infection case in Viet Nam so far and the 7th case linked to patient in Binh Thuan, according to the ministry.
The man had dinner with a woman and her husband in Binh Thuan on March 3. On March 4, he returned to Ho Chi Minh City on private car with three others.
After the 51-year old woman was confirmed having the virus, the man isolated himself at home.
He got snuffles and itchy throat on March 12 and went for medical check. The same day he was transferred to a field hospital located in Cu Chi district and tested positive for the virus.
Of the total infections in Viet Nam, 16 had been cleared of the virus and exited hospitals while the rest have been confirmed since March 6.
The woman in Binh Thuan Province is the 34th case in the nation. Seven people contracted the virus from her are as follows:
- 36th case: 64-year old woman in Phan Thiet city, Binh Thuan Province
- 37th case: 37-year old in Ham Thuan Bac District, Binh Thuan Province
- 38th case: 28-year old woman in Phan Thiet city, Binh Thuan Province
- 40th case: 2-year old baby in Phan Thiet city, Binh Thuan Province
- 41st case: 59-year old man in Phan Thiet city, Binh Thuan Province
- 42nd case: 28-year old in Phan Thiet city, Binh Thun Province.
- 45 case: A 25-year old man in Ho Chi Minh City./.
By Ngoc Van