Gov't establishes steering committee for key transport projects
VGP – The Government has established a steering committee led by Prime Minister Pham Minh Chinh to oversee the implementation of key transport projects.
The committee shall assist the Government and the Prime Minister in implementing the following projects:
1. Ho Chi Minh Road.
2. Expressways: Eastern North-South expressway; Ben Luc - Long Thanh expressway; Khanh Hoa – Buon Ma Thuot expressway; Bien Hoa – Vung Tau expressway; Chau Doc – Can Tho – Soc Trang expressway; Ring Road No. 4 in Ha Noi; and Ring Road No. 3 in Ho Chi Minh City.
3. North-South high-speed rail.
4. Metro lines in Ha Noi and Ho Chi Minh City.
5. Long Thanh international airport.
6. Other transport projects deemed necessary to put under the control of the committee.
Prime Minister Pham will be assisted by Deputy Prime Minister Le Van Thanh – Standing Vice Chairman, and Minister of Transport Nguyen Van The – Vice Chairman./.