Full Viet Nam-Czech Republic Joint Statement
VGP - Viet Nam and the Czech Republic have issued a Joint Statement on the occasion of Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc's official visit to the European country from April 16-17, 2019.
1. At the invitation of Prime Minister Andrej Babis of the Czech Republic, Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc of the Socialist Republic of Viet Nam paid an official visit to the Czech Republic from April 16-17, 2019. Within the visit, Prime Minister held bilateral talks with Prime Minister Andrej Babis, had bilateral meetings with President Milos Deman and Speaker of the Czech Chamber of Deputies Radek Vondracek, attended the Viet Nam-Czech Republic Business Forum, and met with representatives of the Vietnamese community in the Czech Republic.
2. The bilateral meetings took place in the atmosphere of friendship and mutual understanding. At the talks, the two Prime Ministers informed each other about recent politic and economic situations and priorities of foreign policies of respective countries, exchanged on concrete measures to boost the bilateral ties and discussed on regional and international issues of mutual interest.
3. Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc affirmed Viet Nam always attaches importance to fostering the friendship and multi-faceted cooperation with traditional friends in the central Europe, especially the Czech Republic. Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc acknowledged the national development achievements gained by the Czech Republic . Prime Minister Andrej Babis highly valued Viet Nam’s achievements in economic development and international integration, affirming the Czech Republic’s strong desire to promote the friendly and mutually beneficiary relations with Viet Nam.
4. The two sides appreciated the traditional friendship and the positive developments of the two countries’ multi-faceted cooperation and pledged to coordinate closely in organizing activities to mark the 70th founding anniversary of the two countries’ diplomatic ties (1950-2020) while standing ready to maintain and enhance the exchange of high-level delegations as well as ministerial and local-level delegations in a bid to deepen the bilateral cooperation across fields.
5. The two sides were delighted at the growth of the bilateral trade, affirming to further strengthen cooperation to improve trade balance. The two sides stressed on the important role of the Viet Nam-Czech Republic Joint Committee on economic cooperation in tapping the economic, trade and investment cooperation opportunities between the two countries. The two sides affirmed that they will thoroughly prepare for the 7th meeting of the Joint Committee which is scheduled to take place in Prague in 2020.
6. The Czech side reiterated support for early signing of the EU-Viet Nam Free Trade Agreement (EVFTA) and the EU-Viet Nam Investment Protection Agreement (EVIPA). The two sides concurred that these agreements will help foster the Viet Nam-EU relations in general and the Viet Nam-Czech Republic in particular.
7. The two Prime Ministers said they will press ministries, agencies and partners to promote cooperation in agriculture, science and technology, environment, climate change adaptation, energy, education and training, human resource development in the digital era, culture, tourism, justice, and law, etc. Both sides welcomed the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding on geology and mining cooperation and a Memorandum of Understanding on standardization, measurement and quality between Viet Nam and the Czech Republic on the occasion of the visit.
8. The two sides highly valued their sound cooperation in defense-security and vowed to further foster cooperation in this area.
9. The two Prime Ministers underlined the significance of opening a direct air route between the two countries and spoke highly of the sides’ efforts in launching the route as planned, contributing to beefing up tourism exchange-a potential cooperation sector between the two countries. They expressed their belief that the early signing of a comprehensive agreement on air transport between the Association of the Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) and the EU will generate fresh opportunities for the sides’ airlines and passengers.
10. The two sides affirmed their commitments to the United Nations multilateral rule-based order and voiced strong support for multilateralism and multilateral trading system. The two sides will strengthen coordination at regional and international organizations and fora, especially the United Nations and the Asia-Europe Meeting. Both sides underlined the importance of maintaining peace and stability, promoting security, safety and freedom of aviation and navigation in the East Sea, and settling disputes through peaceful means in accordance with international law, particularly the United Nations Charter and the 1982 United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea (UNCLOS).
11. Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc extended thanks to the Czech side for caring for and supporting the Vietnamese community in the Czech Republic. Prime Minister Andrej Babis appreciated the contributions of the Vietnamese community in the Czech Republic to promoting the friendship between the two countries. The two sides pledged to pay greater attention to their entry and exit procedures.
12. The two sides expressed their pleasure at the outcomes of the official visit to the Czech Republic by the Vietnamese Prime Minister, considering it as an important political event to foster the traditional friendship and multi-faceted cooperation between Viet Nam and the Czech Republic.
13. Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc extended sincere thanks to the warm and gracious hospitality from the Czech side. On the occasion, Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc invited Prime Minister Andrej Babis to make an official visit to Viet Nam. Prime Minister Andrej Babis accepted the invitation with pleasure./.For reference only