Decision on criteria for determining high-tech, clean agricultural projects, programs
VGP - The following is the full decision on criteria for determining high-tech and clean agriculture programs and projects and list of high-tech applications in agriculture.
MINISTRY OF AGRICULTURE AND RURAL DEVELOPMENT
SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIET NAM
Ha Noi, March 14, 2017
CRITERIA FOR DETERMINING HIGH-TECH AND CLEAN AGRICULTURE PROGRAMS AND PROJECTS AND THE LIST OF HIGH-TECH APPLICATIONS IN AGRICULTURE
MINISTER OF AGRICULTURE AND RURAL DEVELOPMENT
Pursuant to the Law on High Technology No. 21/2008/QH11 dated November 13, 2008;
Pursuant to the Government's Decree No. 15/2017/ND-CP dated February 17, 2017 defining the functions, missions, authority and organizational structure of the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development;
Pursuant to the Prime Minister's Decision No. 1895/QD-TTg dated December 17, 2012, approving the agriculture development program of hi-tech application of the national program of hi-tech development through 2020;
Pursuant to the Government's Resolution No. 30/NQ-CP dated March 7, 2017 of the Government on the Government’s regular meeting in February 2017;
At the proposal of Head of the Department of Science, Technology and Environment and Head of the Department of Planning,
Article 1. Scope
This Decision prescribes the criteria for determining hi-tech and clean agriculture programs and projects and the list of high-tech applications for agricultural production in order to promote hi-tech agricultural production.
Article 2. Subjects of application
Organizations and individuals engaged in manufacturing and trading activities in the field of hi-tech agriculture and clean agriculture.
Article 3. Criteria for determining programs and projects
1. High-tech agriculture programs
A high-tech agriculture program is a program with an overall goal to address a series of issues in agricultural manufacturing and trading and includes a number of high-tech agriculture projects.
2. Hi-tech agriculture projects
High-tech agriculture projects are agricultural production projects that meet one of the following criteria:
a) Investment projects implemented in hi-tech agricultural parks, which have been decided by competent authorities to be established into high-tech agricultural zones;
b) Projects in hi-tech agriculture region that has been recognized by the People's Committees of the provinces and centrally-run cities;
c) Projects of hi-tech agricultural enterprises that have been granted certificates by the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development as hi-tech agricultural enterprises;
d) High-tech agriculture projects other than those defined at Points a, b and c of this Clause including projects applying technologies integrated from modern scientific and technological achievements, to create products of high quality, outstanding features, high added value and environmentally friendly on the list prescribed in the Appendix issued together with this Decision.
3. Clean agriculture projects
A clean agricultural project is a project to produce agricultural products that meet one of the following criteria:
a) Projects implemented at manufacturing and trading establishments which are granted food safety certificates under Circular No. 48/2013/TT-BNNPTNT dated November 12, 2013 of the Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development promulgating the inspection and certification of food safety for exported aquatic products;
b) Projects implemented at manufacturing and trading establishments which are granted certificates for agro-forestry and fishery product establishments meeting all conditions for food safety under Circular No. 45/2014/TT-BNNPTNT dated December 03, 2014 of the Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development promulgating the inspection of agricultural material manufacturing and trading establishments and inspection and certification of agro-forestry-fishery manufacturing and trading establishments qualified for food safety standards;
c) Projects of enterprises granted hi-tech agricultural enterprise certificates under Circular No. 50/2011/TT-BNNPTNT dated July 15, 2011, guiding the implementation of Decision No. 69/2010/QD-TTg dated November 03, 2010 of the Prime Minister on the competence, order and procedures for recognition of hi-tech agricultural enterprises;
d) Agricultural production projects that are granted VietGAP certificates in accordance with Circular No. 48/2012/TT-BNNPTNT dated 26 September 2012 of the Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development promulgating the recognition of aquatic, cultivation and husbandry products that are produced and preliminarily processed in accordance with Good Agricultural Practices;
dd) New investment projects in clean agricultural production applying national or international equivalent good agricultural practices (such as VietGAP, GlobalGAP, ASC, IMC, etc.).
Article 4. In the course of implementation, the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development shall periodically review and adjust criteria for hi-tech agriculture and clean agriculture programs and projects and supplement the list of high-tech applications in agriculture to meet practical production requirements.
Article 5. This Decision takes effect from March 15, 2017. Chief of the Ministry Office, Director-Generals of the Departments of Science, Technology and Environment, Planning, and Enterprise Management, and Heads of concerned units, organizations and individuals shall have the responsibility to implement this Decision.
LIST OF HIGH-TECH AGRICULTURE APPLICATIONS
(Issued together with Decision No. 738/QD-BNN-KHCN dated March 14, 2017 of the Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development)
1. Biotechnology in agriculture
- Technology of hybridization of plant, livestock and aquatic breeds using molecular biology techniques to create new plant and animal species with superior characteristics (high-yield, good quality, disease resistance and adaptation to climate change);
- Biotechnology in the production of agricultural and environmental biological products such as: organic fertilizers, micro fertilizers, pesticides, plant growth regulators, environmental treatment products;
- Biotechnology in plant and animal disease diagnosis and prognosis; Production technology and application of rapid diagnostic kits for plant and animal diseases; Reagents, test strips, primers, antibodies;
- Technology of propagation by cell tissue culture and radioactive mutation;
- Technology of vitrification of animal cells, embryo transfer and zygote transfer, sex differentiation, in vitro fertilization (IVF) for production of livestock breeds;
- Microbiological, enzyme and protein technology for industrial production of bio-products used in plant and animal nutrition and protection;
- Biotechnology, remote sensing technology in the management and control of pests and diseases in agro-forestry plants;
- Technology to produce veterinary vaccines to prevent animal diseases;
- Molecular biology and immunology, microbiology in prevention and treatment of some dangerous diseases for fisheries.
2. Cultivation, production and preservation techniques
- Application of non-land cultivation techniques: hydroponic cultivation, aerial cultivation, planting on substrate, nutrient film;
- Application of sprinkler technology, drip irrigation with automatic or semi-automatic control system;
- Application of greenhouse technology, net house, membrane house with automatic or semi-automatic control system;
- Application of irradiation technology, hot steam treatment technology, hot water treatment technology, cold-drying technology, fast drying in preserving agricultural products;
- Application of new technologies in agricultural product preservation and processing including controlled atmosphere enclosure technology, rapid cold storage technology combined with ethylene absorber to preserve fresh vegetables, flowers and fruits, membrane-forming technology for preserving vegetables, fruits, meat and eggs, fermentation technology, deep-processing technology, biotechnology and microbiology for the production of biological products and pigments and natural additives for preserving and processing agricultural products;
- Applying technology for intensive and integrated crop management (ICM); Plant, livestock and aquatic production technology in accordance with VietGAP standards;
- Applying technology of intensive farming and super-intensive aquatic farming;
- Application of environmental treatment technology in aquaculture production;
3. Automation technology
- Synchronized mechanization technology in production, harvesting, processing and post-harvest preservation of agricultural products;
- Automation technology for irrigation, combining nutrition in crop production;
- Automation, semi-automation technology in the process of industrial husbandry, intensive aquaculture and agriculture production;
- Automatic, semi-automatic technology in fishing.
4. Technology of agricultural material production
- Nanotechnology in the production of nanotechnology-based products such as fertilizers, pesticides, nutritional supplements for plants and livestock;
- Technologies for production of substrates, agricultural materials, preservatives, fruit films, agricultural films, auxiliary materials for membrane house systems, greenhouse systems, and irrigation systems;
- Wood modification technology, ecological drying technology, impregnation technology for wood preservation; Biotechnology to produce new generation of preservatives, antifungal products for wood products; Technology for producing environmentally friendly coatings for wood products;
- Information technology, automation technology to save raw materials, time and improve efficiency of wood use;
- Technologies for forecasting, storing and exploiting water sources; Water storage technology to provide stable and efficient water supply for multiple purposes;
- Technology of construction of irrigation works; Technology for filtering and supplying fresh water to saline, coastal and island areas;
- New materials technology, new structural solutions, new equipment for irrigation works construction;
- Technologies for wastewater treatment and rural environmental sanitation;
- Remote sensing technologies and geographic information system serving the management and operation of irrigation works, exploitation of marine resources, aquaculture production, monitoring and evaluation of crops.