Deceased Japanese confirmed positive for COVID-19
VGP – A Japanese man who died at a hotel in Ha Noi was confirmed positive for COVID-19 this morning, raising the patient tally to 2,229.
The man, aged 54, landed in Ho Chi Minh City on January 17, 2020 and was immediately quarantined in Ward 2, Tan Binh District until January 31.
During his concentrated quarantine time, he tested negative for the virus twice (on January 17 and 31).
On February 1, he took a flight to Ha Noi and stayed at a hotel in Tay Ho District until February 13.
At 7:00 pm on February 13, he was found dead at the hotel.
The cause of his death has yet to be confirmed.
Earlier on Sunday, Ha Noi Center for Disease Control issued an urgent announcement after the Japanese man tested positive for COVID-19.
Accordingly, those who had travel record to the following places need to immediately contact the nearest medical facilities or call 0969082115, 0949396115 for advise and support
1. Ibis hotel in Ho Chi Minh City on January 31, 2021.
2. Flight VN254 from Ho Chi Minh City to Ha Noi from 11:00-13:20 on February 1, 2021,.
3. Somerset West Point, No. 2 Tay Ho Road, Quang An Ward, Tay Ho District, Ha Noi from February 1-13, 2021.
4. Sun Red River building, No. 23, Phan Chu Trinh Street, Hoan Kiem District (Room No. 903 and Tokyo Red Grill restaurant from 12:00-13:00 on February 2, 2021).
5. Hachi ju hachi restaurant, No. 168 Xuan Dieu Street, Quang An Ward, Tay Ho District from 18:00 to 20:00 on February 3, 2021.
6. Raffles Medical International Clinic, No. 51, Xuan Dieu Street, Quang An Ward, Tay Ho District, on the morning of February 4, 2021 and on February 8, 2021.
7. Torikichi restaurant, No. 75 Kim Ma Thuong Street, Ba Dinh District from 19:00-21:00 on February 5, 2021./.
By Huong Giang